- Archaeobotanical material from Archaic sites through to Late Woodland sites
- Results of analyses of pre-contact and Euro-Canadian sites in southern Ontario
Sunday, March 27, 2011
As a plant specialist Fecteau aids the archaeologist in understanding past lifeways by examining carbonized seed and wood remains left behind in hearths or middens by former occupants in an area. This presentation will illustrate how archaeobotanists go about collecting, recovering, and interpreting plant remains from archaeology sites.
7:00 PM Thursday April 14, 2011 at the Huronia Museum.
NEW COMMITTEES STRUCK
At the Feb. 10th meeting of the chapter a number of new committees were established. More members are needed to join these committees.
If you would like to find out more or to join a committee, please contact John Raynor at (705) 526-4927.
- Advocacy (existing committee): John Raynor, Gary Dubeau
- War of 1812/Penetanguishene Rd.: Jamie Hunter
- Champlain 2015: John Raynor, Marg Raynor, Dave Lamb, John Truscott
- Archaeology in the Schools: Victoria Brooks, Dayle Elder, Hugh Barnett
- Public Archaeology Day at the Huronia Museum: Dayle Elder, Jamie Hunter, Dave Lamb
- Chapter Fundraising: Jamie Hunter, Dave Lamb