The following is my list to date and I would be pleased to hear from others if they know of other sites speculated to be that of the Carhagouha of Champlain:
- The Pratt site first noted by A F Hunter (site 19 Tiny twp) on lot 113 con 1 Tay twp also note by A E Jones as his site # 33. There was a bone pit there examined by Dr Tache. F Ridley examined this site in 1971 and determined it to be a Lalonde site. There were some circular stone works found there (I believe by A F Hunter). A E Jones identifies this site with the village that the Jesuits knew as St Charles (Old Wendake pg 146). The site appears as Carhagougha on C Heidenreich's map. The site was not found again by F Ridley in 1974. - I do not have a Borden # for this site on my database.
- Copeland Creek Estates (lot 9 con 13 Tiny twp) - possible site of Quieunonascaran or the next generation of Carhagouha at Sagard's time (1623). - see Heidenreich (1968). Determined as prehistoric 15th century see 1992 assessment. Copeland Creek Estates contains 3 sites - BeGx-3 village, Alcorn site BeGx-46 find spot, McKee site BeGx-47 Quieunonascaran village. These sites are set aside and owned by Tiny twp as Heritage Plots.
- The Desroche site (A F Hunter # 8 Tiny twp report) - lot 20 con 17 see also A E Jones # 8 - no ossuary - Pre contact village (see G Warrick) - some ashbeds according to A F Hunter - I do not have a Borden # for this site. This is the site currently marked with the crosses were the Jesuits hold Mass each August 12th and note it as the site of the 1st Mass in Ontario recorded by Champlain in 1615.
- Thunder Bay 1 (Ridley) on lots 17 & 18 con 19 Tiny twp - examined by University of Western Ont. (W Jury) - need to secure report from U of W - thought to be Carhagouha by Jury - seen to be worth consideration as Carhagougha according to F Ridley. - This site is on the lot line split by Simcoe County forest and private land owner. I do not have a Borden # for this site.
- Gary Warrick identifies a site as Quieunonascaran 1623, 1634-38 at the tip of Midland Pt according to GW map 1990. - Borden # BeGx-9
- Bressani map - in Midland.