Topic - moving forward:
On Thursday, January 10th, 2013, at 7:00 PM at the Huronia Museum the OAS Huronia Chapter meeting will be devoted to strategy planning for the 2013 year. Do not be surprised if Jamie Hunter has more artifacts that need washing and sorting.
This is also a good time to renew your membership if you have not already done so.
In 2012 some projects did not get too far along the road to being accomplished, others were very successful. Moving into first gear for 2013 and with one eye glancing ahead to 2015 when the Chapter has the hosting responsibilities for the provincial OAS Symposium to be held in Midland, how do we pick our projects and ensure that they are carried forward to successful completion.
Some topics to be considered:
1. activity for National Archaeology Day October 2013
2. archaeology in the schools project
3. articles for Arch Notes
5. newsletter (The Pot) and irregular bulletin (The Sherd)
6. OAS Symposium in Huronia in 2015
7. online availability of archaeology photographs by Chapter members (Chapter – flickr account)
8. online presence: website, chapter blog and facebook page.
9. papers and or poster for OAS Symposium at Niagara Falls in the Fall of 2013.
10. Public Archaeology Day for the Huronia Chapter.
11. publications by the Chapter: traditional print and epublishing
o promotion of meetings
o public events
13. relationship with Champlain 400 committee
14. relationship with Huronia Museum
15. relationship with post-secondary institutions.
16. relationship with Simcoe County Forest.
17. speakers/presentations list for 2013
UPCOMING OAS Huronia Chapter meeting dates 2013
Jan 10, Feb 14, March 14, April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, Aug 8, Sep 12, Oct 17, Nov 14, Dec 12th (Chapter AGM)
(705) 526 2844
Post a Comment